Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bones and Numbers and Tiny Vials, Oh My!


Specimen vials: (from left to right) one with tiny rodent ribs, another containing a wasp, one more with snake vertebrae, and finally one with a mink tooth. All these, as I'm told, were recovered without hurting a single cell of an animal. Just found or given to the seller. If you put a tiny biological specimen into a minuscule glass vial and label it with a random vintage number sticker, I will most likely need to have it. It's one of the laws of nature. Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. i was buying clay pots for my plants at Target (back when they had a real garden center). I lifted a pot and lo and behold what did i find on the next one????????? the skeleton of a frog stuck to it. I gazed at it for a while and wondered how long he had been trapped there?!?!the guy at checkout looked at me like i had three heads. i just looked him straight in the eye and told him i just had to have the frog skeleton. fastest checkout i ever had! The pot was on the plant table on my lanai for two years but is now in my studio inside. We had a huge frog, "crusty roger", take up residence in one of our plants near the table and didn't want him to see it and freak out!

    .......and to all a goodnight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tale! We who see beauty in odd places have to stick together! Crusty Roger! The best frog name ever.

    ReplyDelete