Friday, October 28, 2011

MY NEW BOOK Strange Vintage Fictions, is here!!



My new BOOK TRAILER. Just finished this for my brand spankin' new book, Strange Vintage Fictions, The World of HaggisVitae. I couldn't be prouder of the way this book turned out and I think most of you will feel the same. It's filled with my oddly dark images with their accompanying narratives, and peppered with strange photographs and a few Victorian haiku.

It's a big book, 8.5 x 11 inches, and full color throughout. Please pass this link along to any who you think might enjoy this brand of madness and mayhem. It is available through my website or go directly to my store. I think you'll fall in love when you see it. I'm getting a great response from those who have it.

"There are books I like. There are books I love. Books I adore. There aren't many that I consider truly ground-breaking. Julie Miller's "Strange Vintage Fiction" falls into that ultra-rare latter category. It's a breathtaking journey into worlds that not only might have been but should have been. A truly incredible work of surreal, bizarre, witty and quirky Images and Words! Here there be insects creeping into vintage postcards, a boy in full Victorian regalia with crows on his head and shoulders, lightning inverted and seeping so startlingly into the scene that you actually feel the shock. With titles like "Elspith Unaware," "The One True Pumpkin King" and "The Crannages Disassociate," each page tells a unique, spell-binding story. Wholly original, this book will certainly stand the test of time. Think of Nick Bantock sipping absinthe with Edward Gorey and Poe. It's unlike anything you've ever seen -- or ever will again, until Miller weaves her alchemy and enchantment for another look into a universe so beguiling and gorgeously odd that you want two copies: one to frame." --M. Titus, author of The Tenth Life and The Girl WhoRead To Birds


No comments:

Post a Comment