Sunday, October 4, 2009

In Lowly Reverence Adore


a.k.a. "I [heart] my human head"

No one can clearly remember the day that Augustus brought home 'Aunt Fanny' as Father came to call her, although I do recall that it was in the summer.

Gus would keep her on the porch on the whole, although if she was in the house when we took tea, she would always ask if it was "Dah-JEE-ling", sometimes incessantly. She said little, only three or four sentences and always insensible.

One night she woke up the whole house asking for 'Finsbury'.

Eventually mother made father get rid of her after Gus chewed on her nose; we all missed the old girl...


.

1 comment:

  1. She looks quite well turned out for something the dog just dragged into the house. I love the parallel H.V. universe!

    PS - My parents live near "Finsbury" town hall....

    Love from Blighty

    ReplyDelete